Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the Lottery Services Portal?
The Lottery Services Portal (LSP) is a web-based application. Lottery retailers (Independent, Chain Head, and Chain Subordinate) can access LSP over any internet connection to self register. Once registered, retailers can log into the Lottery Services Portal home page to access the following features:
- Manage Account - change password, password hint questions, and personal information.
- Reports - view or download Invoice, Instant Ticket Inventory and Sales reports.
- Training Documentation - access to view or download training materials or videos. Allows retailers to troubleshoot problems before placing a call to the Lottery.
- Lottery Documentation - provides mechanism to communicate to retailers such as newsletters, new games, promotions, Lottery marketing materials, or game expiration notification.
- Add and Maintain Secondary Users - the primary user of the LSP retailer account can add users to their account for access to LSP information. Primary users have the ability to enable or disable access and to reset a forgotten password.
- FAQ / Contact Us - Lottery can provide answers to frequently asked questions and lottery contact information is 1-800-826-4311 Option 5.
2. What is the Registration Process?
LSP registration is a multi-step process. The retailer shall be required to transition through each step. The steps include:
- Accepting Terms and Conditions for usage of the LSP site.
- Security Code entry - to prevent robotic attacks of the registration process with the site, called CAPTCHA.
- Initial Retailer Verification - verifying the retailer ID exists and an account does not already exist.
- Retailer Identification - requires entry of information to validate the Retailer's identification.
- Security Information - entry of password, password hint question and answer, and security graphic image.
- Verification of retailer identity with ES Retailer Management (ESRM) Location record.
In order to verify the authenticity of the Retailer's association with the Lottery Jurisdiction, LSP shall verify that the Retailer ID entered is valid and active with the Lottery Jurisdiction. Retailer access to LSP retailer account shall be based on the current status of the retailer location record.
The online registration function is not available for Chain Heads. All Chain Head users must be registered by TEL. Please contact the Lottery at 1-800-826-4311 option 5 to speak to a TEL representative.
3. What if I Forget My Password?
The Lottery Services Portal (LSP) allows all users to log into LSP under the following scenarios:
- The user enters required valid username and password and successfully logs into the system.
- The user enters a required valid username and a temporary password, prior to completing the log on process the user will be required to replace the temporary password with a new password while logging on. This process is initiated because of successful auto reset of password via the Forget Password function or by a LSP Administrator initiating a Password Reset.
- Upon entry of the username, the system the shall display the graphic image and image name the user created during their registration process prior to the user entering their account password